As people in Philadelphia, as well as around the globe, adjust to being home more often, priorities change. Small projects around your house that didn’t seem important to complete a few months ago may now seem non-negotiable. Real estate professionals suggest the following to increase your home’s appeal and value.
Increase the Interior Style
No matter where you live in the City of Brotherly Love, your neighborhood’s distinctive personality is sure to win hearts. You can achieve an equally unique charm within your home. During stay-at-home orders, consider taking on these home improvement tasks to pass time and give your home an unparalleled dose of character:
- Resurface cabinets: You can save money and create a whole new aesthetic by resurfacing or repainting your current cabinets. This is a budget-friendly and eco-friendly alternative to replacing cabinets.
- Upgrade counters: Laminate or tile counters date your home and bring down its property value. Consider installing trendier options such as granite, quartz, or concrete.
- Refresh paint: Paint is a small investment that packs a big punch. You can update the look of every room with a fresh tint. You can even paint your garage floor and front door to make them sparkle and shine.
- Renew door pulls: Simply swapping out old drawer pulls and door handles with newer styles is an easy way to start your kitchen or bathroom makeover. This undertaking refreshes your space while sparing the bank.
- Upgrade your closets: Everyone knows that staying organized and cleaning out your closets helps with resale, but upgrading your closets from the standard single shelf and bar can boost your homes value. Customizing your closets doesn’t mean that you’ll need to break the bank either. There are tons of semi-custom and custom closet solutions you can order from the comfort of your own home. Adding additional shelves, high and low hanging or drawers to your closets can add tons of value and help you maximize your current closet space.
Philly neighborhoods are as vibrant and diverse as the people who live in them. You can bring zest to your home that matches the distinct style of your neighborhood with these interior improvement projects.
Elevate the Exterior Appeal
From City Center to Manayunk, each Philadelphia locale boasts a unique flavor of living. To maximize your property value, complete these projects to make your home’s exterior pop:
- Trim trees: A well-manicured yard includes tidy trees. Use a professional tree care service or tackle this on your own, including pruning and adding fertilizer.
- Power Wash: You can rent or buy a power washer and make a splash by regularly removing dirt and debris from your home’s exterior. Not only will it make your exterior sparkling clean it’s also super fun to watch the dirty fly away!
- Upgrade landscaping: Adding colorful blooms and healthy plants is a cost-effective way to increase your curb appeal. Try to plant flowers that will last and add color and appeal to your home’s exterior.
- Revive garage doors: While just having a garage is a massive bonus in the city, a well maintained one adds even more value to your home. Installing a trendier garage door or painting your current door is a budget-friendly way to boost your home’s beauty. Your garage door can make a huge impression on potential homebuyers.
Though being cooped up can feel aggravating, be productive with that pent-up energy. Use this time to turn your home into a comforting oasis and watch its market value skyrocket. Whether you’re looking for expert advice or if you’re ready to buy, sell, or invest in Philadelphia real estate, contact The Ian Perler Team for professionals you can trust.